Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas and Such...

First of all, MERRY CHRISTMAS. Second of all, holy snow! Baker got 6 to 8 inches over the weekend. I feel like an eskimo.


The topic for today: The "I don't want you, but no one else can have you" syndrome. It seems that every person I know has at least one ex that has this particular issue. They don't want to be with you anymore, but heaven forbid if someone else wants you. I just don't understand it. Then, they can't understand why you get upset when they try and talk to you about it. Then you get called a b**** or some other nasty name. Last time it happened to me, I thanked them and told them that they were the one that made me that way. Anyway, comments on this subject?

5 comments:

  1. Well I know I have that syndrome sometimes myself. I can be a very territorial and jealous ex. I can't explain why it is though. Maybe its because I still have feelings for them that I'm repressing or maybe its just because they were mine for so long I don't want them to be someone elses. But I have learned that there's really no use in it all, you can change peoples minds and when you act like that you sometimes end up back in a relationship that you were right to terminate in the first place. It is ridiculous and people should just move past it, be happy that they've found someone else that makes them happy and wish them the best. Afterall if you ever cared for them you should want them to be happy. In the words of the amazing Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love: "Send them light and love whenever you think of them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Meggy. I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quote, but on a possibly darker note, it feels good sometimes to be angry at them for possibly being happier than you, or maybe just the fact that they are happy without you flips the anger, hate, jealousy switch in all our minds. To err is human, we are all human, and until we make a move to better ourselves for no one but ourselves, we will always make foolish mistakes....
    However this is where the beauty of forgivness comes in- its one of the better things in life. Forgive everyone- because you can, and to not forgive maybe just as foolish as the first persons mistake.

    LOVE U JEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too Nic and forgiveness seems to be a huge part of our relationship. We have to make ourselves happy, and sometimes that includes "getting rid" of those that cause hate and discontent in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, its way better to be happy than miserable. Although we have to trudge through the swaps to get to the meadows and appreciate how easy life is there.

    ReplyDelete